– It is important to know that the first thing you have to get is a BSN (burger service number / social security number). This is an unique number for everyone who lives in The Netherlands. If you want to apply for your BSN you have to arrange an appointment with your local office of Tax Administration (Belastingdienst) or the City Hall (http://www.cityoftalent.nl/en) within four months. Check the site of the Tax Administration office for more information. You can also find other information concerning your stay in The Netherlands.
– Do you need help with your tax return in Holland? Check http://hamelwerth.nl/tax-return-expats-groningen.
– International (high)school: http://www.isgroningen.nl/
– International (primary)school: http://www.g-s-v.nl/
– International daycare/preschool: http://www.sksg.nl/extra_s/daycare_-_preschool/
– Dutch courses at the University of Groningen: http://www.rug.nl/science-and-society/language-centre/language-courses-and-communication-training/dutch-for-non-native-
– Dutch courses in small groups: http://www.sayitindutch.com/courses/convcourse.html.
– Every first Wednesday of the month there is a meet-up for expats located in Groningen. This is organized by ‘Make the Most Out of Groningen’. It is a perfect event if you want to socialize with other expats or foreigners in Groningen. (http://www.meetup.com/enjoy-groningen)
Other useful links